Surrender - to give into the hands (of another), to give over into (one's) power or use
Reasons why some people don’t want to Surrender.
- They don’t want to give up control over their lives
- They know that true surrender means doing things God’s way.
- They know true surrender means trusting God fully
- They know true surrender means doing God’s will not their will
- They know true surrender means making sacrifices for God’s Kingdom
Romans 12:1-I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service.
The disadvantages of not surrendering
- You are on your own
- You miss out on the abundant life Jesus Christ gives those who surrender.
- You miss out on God’s blessings (God's love, God’s favor, and God's plans for the world and humanity).
- You miss out on the protection of God
- You miss out on the wisdom of God
How do I surrender my life to God?
Acts 16:30-And he brought them out and said, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?” 31 So they said, “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household.”
What happens after I surrender my life to God?
Galatians 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.