The MIND of Christ
Mind - The faculty of a human or other animal by which it thinks, perceives, feels, remembers, or desires:
Therefore: God wants to control our lives
Philippians 2:5-Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, Why? Let this mind be (let the same purpose inspire you that was in Jesus Christ) (Matthew 4:1-9)
- How a person think determines how a person lives – Satan only gains power over a person who disobeys God. Jesus Christ came to the earth with purpose, which was to do His Father will. He didn’t come to earth to live for himself. Because Satan could seduce Him with pleasures of self-satisfaction, he didn’t have power over Him.
6 who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, something to use for his own benefit.
- Form is Jesus Christ outward expression of is inmost nature Jesus Christ divine essence of God.
- Jesus Christ waive His divine rights to take on humanity to die for our sins to be forgiven by accepting Him as Lord and Savior.
7 Instead, he gave up everything, even his place with God. He accepted the role of a servant, appearing in human form. During his life as a man
- Jesus Christ gave up everything-even His place in heaven
- Jesus Christ became a servant
8 he humbled himself by being fully obedient to God, even when that caused his death—death on a cross.
- Jesus humble Himself by being fully obedient to God
- Even to the point of death
The mind of Christ: Selflessness (waived His rights as God), He gave up everything by leaving heaven, He became a servant, He humble himself by fully obeying God the Father and He died on the cross for us in order to fulfill His purpose on earth to give everyone the opportunity to be forgiven of his and her sins to receive eternal life.